Ergonomics optimizes how people work and play!Ergonomic design is about more than just about the physical environment – e.g. furniture, equipment, layout or lighting in the workplace. It is also about technological and social environments – designing tasks or jobs to maximize productivity and minimize fatigue, latent conditions and error.
Ergofix advocates a participative ergonomic process, recognizing the hidden expertise of the workers “at the coal face”. We work with all stakeholders to harness in-house expertise and simplify the problem solving for the optimal ergonomic design or process.
Ergonomics is the optimal design of physical and technological environments, and human interaction within these environments, to maximise function and minimise limitations of behaviour and ability.
Benefits of Ergonomic Intervention in the Workplace:
- Improved work design and processes
- Increased efficiency
- Improved safety culture and “ownership” of (safe) work-behaviours
- Increased worker satisfaction and morale
- Reduced absenteeism and staff turnover
- Reduced cost of recruitment, retraining, and loss of expertise/ skill base
- Mitigation of losses associated with lost time injury, redeployment of staff, and/or permanent disability